Did Windows Nt Or Xp Work On New Hardwares (core I3, I5, I7 ..etc)???

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by kakaEmad, May 5, 2015.

1. kakaEmad

kakaEmad Geek Trainee

I have windows NT workstation 4.0 sp6 and XP, it's already installed in very old hardware (Pc), so i want your opinion to take this windows safe and put it in new hardware like (core i3) by backup or clone or any thing else like we will do it.

so can we do it like i said , because the old hardware (CPU)s are totally different from new (CPU)s.

So my question is can i backup my old system by (Norton Ghost, Acronis backup, Symantec ..etc) and put it in new hardware or new PCs???

So can anybody tell me more detail and more discussion about this ,and what are the problems that i will face it, how can i solve it and passes from the problem ??

Please provide me with the alternative solution
    What to do in order to ignore the emergence of such problems?

THANK YOU

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

What is the old hardware on the XP box ? CPU / Memory and hard drive ? .Need info on your old hardware.. your problem is none of the Drivers will match up from old to new...

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

You know, it's unnecessary to have the same post in two different areas.

You can back up the data, but the OS is a different story. NT is old, and even though XP has only recently lost Microsofts support, the vulnerabilities that aren't patched wont' go away. If you want to stay with XP, that's your business, but you're playing a game with your security.