Doom 3 on a Voodoo 2 duo!

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Exfoliate, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

2. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Problem is, it's not really comparable..

If you ran the naffest graphics card available today it would run Doom3 @ better FPS @ those detail levels.

3. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I guess procals right but its still pretti amazing

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah, I didn't phrase that too well. What I was getting at was 2003 cards (like the 5600 or so) running D3 on medium settings @ 800x600x32 probably wouldn't hit 60fps (I wouldn't think). The screenshots (for the Voodoo 2 duo) would be on par with most 1998 games (if I'm right about it being a '98 card, I'm probably not), just like Doom 3 on medium and 800x600 settings is comparable (visually) to many of 2003's games (Max Payne 2 for example). For the standards of the times the Voodoo 2 duo performs more impressively I guess. I personally would never play D3 on two Voodoo's, for one the patch would probably take a while to download thru dial-up and the main reason I play D3 now if for the graphics and atmosphere, which wouldn't come across too well on the Voodoo's.

5. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

looks horrible. No surprise it will run good.

6. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah, tell me about it. The dudes arms give a more literal meaning to the term "pipes." The wall textures are so huge you could count them if you use your fingers and toes, and the main guys head looks like it grew out of his blurry shirt (isn't that supposed to be his armor though?). Well you can't expect much nowadays from a card that came out when I was like, 9.