doom3

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by astrakar, Nov 19, 2004.

1. astrakar

astrakar Geek Trainee

Hi can someone help me i've have just baught a tiny terminator? no i dont know what that means, i'm trying to play doom 3 but it just keeps crashing everything freezes, i have to turn of the computer by the plug. :confused: . i have rebooted the computer and exchanged the game for a new copy in case it was the software can anyone help

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Update your video card and motherboard drivers.

3. astrakar

astrakar Geek Trainee

Hi Big B, thank for the advice i know this may sound stupid but how do i do that, i really know nothing about computors can you tell me how i find out what ive got as this is a new system and if i can avoid doing anything it would be good

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Without knowing who made the video card for your system, I can't say whom to go to to get it. Actually, if you can list your specs, I can probably post more direct links on where to get what you need.

As for the "tiny terminator" is that your PC or just what you're calling D00M 3? The reason I ask that at all is because there is a PC company called Tiny Computers.

5. astrakar

astrakar Geek Trainee

i did get it from tiny they called it the terminator not me, it has (and im copying this from the tiny site) 4.3 Ghz HT prcessor, 1024 MB DDR RAM, 200GB ATi Radeon 9800 Graphics and a FIC P4M 800T mother board. Does that make sense to you?

6. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

All except the 4.3Ghz part!

You need to have the latest ati graphics driver for it to work. I have the 9800PRO card, and Doom 3 crashed every time I went down the first elevator.

Here is a link. http://ati.com/support/driver.html

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yeah. Unless it's overclocked, it's not running at 4.3GHz. Intel is not putting out any P4's faster than 3.8GHz (at least at this point in time). 3.4GHz, okay. I can buy that since they do exist.

8. astrakar

astrakar Geek Trainee

thanx Waffle, followed your link and downloaded latest drivers, my partner has now been playing all day its taken me this long to get on line. once more life is calm in our household you are a life saver :D

9. Tigger

Tigger Geek Trainee

ahh astrakar seems so sweet

10. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

lol no problem. I was getting so :swear: with doom the first time i installed because of the drivers...I was getting ready to take it back when someone here suggested I rollbacked the driver as I had the BETA version. Problem solved.