Drive trays

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by orionpax, Feb 13, 2007.

1. orionpax

orionpax Geek Trainee

Well to begin with, hello... I'm a newbie to the forums, but I like what I see. I hope I will be able to contribute to the community.

Secondly, I searched through the forums without adequate results. I was looking for a supplier of drive trays. Specifically, I was hoping to find drive trays that I could add into custom cases with nifty quick release mechanisms that so many cases have these days. I seem to often piggy back other devices into my own for friends and also seem to upgrade or trade with regularity. Anyone point me in the right direction?

2. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

First, welcome to HWF!
    Secondly: I think you should look for it at a local computer store, I guess.

3. orionpax

orionpax Geek Trainee

Well the local store doesnt carry that type of components. He was willing to sell me a case with that type of device tray, but thats awfully price to use for parts :) Just looking for a supplier that sells just the trays. I thought about seeing if some case manufacturers offer replacement parts or something like that but hopefully actually find a place to order from.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, the quick-release trays or drive rails used rely on the case being designed to use them. I'm sure you can mod some cases to do this, but it's not to say that you'll be able to for sure.

That said, if you're buying a "replacement" you might be able to buy them off the likes of ThermalTake or Antec.