driver instalation please help

Discussion in 'Drivers and Firmware' started by calsonix5, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

I think it's a mistake to want to sell your computer based on driver problems.

2. mut

mut Geek Trainee

Hi calsonix5,

Are you using 1 SATA HDD and trying to install xp on it?

I have recently had this problem when using a new SATA drive in a new rig. A 250Gb SATA Seagate.
    You need to get your motherboard's CD, put it in another PC and there should be some drivers on there.

I'm using an AUS P5LD2 Deluxe and had to write the 'ITE8211' driver to a floppy disk, and press F6 on startup. After doing this it worked fine.
    Make sure your SATA drive is in the SATA 1 or SATA 2 slots.

3. calsonix5

calsonix5 Geek Trainee

i have already done this with the two drivers that were on the cd but they do not work! along with several from the net, but it just doesn't seem to work. the drivers that are on the cd are most probably out of date, so i downloaded the most up to date drivers i could find for the mobo but still it just doesn't want to work

4. mut

mut Geek Trainee

I must have tried about 15 different drivers also.
    You need to make sure it's the right one, the one that I found to work was one that I would not have chosen if it wasnt written on another website.
    On my mobo's cd there are a number of drivers labeled:

RAID 32-bit
    SATA 32-bit
    ITE8211
    RAID 64-bit
    SATA 64-bit

The RAID and SATA drivers did NOT work. Only the ITE8211 worked for me.
    Also, make sure the floppy drive is connected properly: I wasted around an hour because mine was not reading the disks, my cables for the floppy drive fit many ways, but only one works.

5. mut

mut Geek Trainee

ALSO:

Make sure you have your silicon controller set to SATA 2 Mode in BIOS.

6. calsonix5

calsonix5 Geek Trainee

everything is set as it should be, it's just :swear: me off now, thanks for the help guys, much appreciated, but the time has come for me to give up on this build, and sell it, it's not what i wanted to do but i would rather sell it, buy a pre built one and add to that, rather than take it to a pc shop and get charged over the top, still looking for £399, total bargain for who ever buys it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.