dvd burning

Discussion in 'Linux, BSD and Other OS's' started by jester45, Sep 10, 2006.

1. jester45

jester45 Big Geek wanna be

my friend and me are in a class that we have to make a movie and he has a video camara that we used he made a cd from teh video and its in avi form i dont know what the video or audio is and i havbe been trying to get it converted to dvd format but everything i try seems to not work

i would like to do it in linux with something thats is gui im not so good at cui yet and would like it to be simple like show it my file and tell it what kinda of dvd i want

does anyone know how to do this

as a last resort i can put them movie on a window machine but i dont know what to use on that but im pretty sure it easyer than on linux but me windows machine is realy slow and will take a very long time to code it and also i might be doing more of this later and dont what to have to relay on the windows

2. Addis

Addis The King

Encoding to DVD format is a bit of a pain with the current state of Linux encoding apps, so I can't help you much here.

Try this tutorial: VideoHelp.com :: View topic - LINUX: AVI to DVD Encoding and Authoring : BASIC

You'll need to use your package manager to install the appropriate software needed to do the tutorial, so if you're using (K)ubuntu use Adept or Synaptic, if you're in Mandriva use the command line urpmi tool or the GUI manager.

3. jester45

jester45 Big Geek wanna be

thanks i will look into that looks easy