Dvd - Rw

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by ProcalX, Apr 2, 2004.

1. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

hey all,

i've spent alot of time upgrading over the last month, building and upgrading 3 machines.. enabling a LAN and then finally upgrading my internet connection to 1mbps.

the only thing that i see my computers missing is a DVD - RW, now i have downloaded alot of DVD movies and i really want to buy a good DVD - RW, it doesnt have to be the fastest, just good quality..

i know that you can get 4.7gb - 19gb discs i believe? i would like a DVD - RW that will be able to burn onto discs larger than 4.7gb

i have a dvd player with my tv (38"):
    Multiple Format Disc Supporting CD,MP3,VCD,SVCD,DVD CD-R,CD-RW Kodak Picture CD(JEPG)

any help or suggestions..

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

The best is Plextor. The next step down would be Sony, NEC, and Pioneer.

3. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I've read good things about the Pioneer DVR-107 also the cheaper NEC ND-2500 8x DVD drive, I would go for the Pioneer my self. Plextor is the great but very pricy :)

also not sure but I dont think you can currently buy media larger than 4.7GB?
    you will have to wait until the dual layer dvd writers come out, then you can burn higher than 4,7GB

4. DwnSthGaBoyz

DwnSthGaBoyz Geek Trainee

ive looked up and only found the 4.7 is the biggest that you can get right now, but of course as i was told you can compress the movie to fit the 4.7, i wish there was a 19 gb disk id make an entire lord of the rings 3 in one collection!!!!!! :)

5. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

yeh hmmm :) it's just down at my local maplin's in the uk they have some DVD-R's that are like 9.7GB

omg i have 2 do sooo much work today, and i have the biggest headache ever)

6. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

they could be double sided dvd-r discs?