Epson CX 4200 troubles

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by KyraSkye, Jan 17, 2007.

1. KyraSkye

KyraSkye Geek Trainee

:confused: Hi everyone! I am hoping someone here can help me. I was in the process of printing and now my printer won't print. It either says printer jam when the paper barely makes it anywhere or it says load paper, it is loaded. When it finally does take the paper it just sends it through without doing anything and it will try again.
    I have no more patience left.
    Any thoughts? Anyone?

Thanks!!

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Use the maintenance function of the printer.....
    There is also a link in my Signature below, jst have a look in it n see if it helps... :beer:

3. KyraSkye

KyraSkye Geek Trainee

It didn't help. Thanks for the attempt. I appreciate it.

I e-mailed Epson as well, no response.

4. donkey42

donkey42 plank

have you tried uninstalling the drivers, downloading new drivers, then reboot then when the OS (presumably XP) detect the printer install the new drivers, also try replacing the printer cable (presumably parallel or USB), see if that works

Edit: you may also find it works if you clean the paper pickup roller

5. KyraSkye

KyraSkye Geek Trainee

I will try that when I get home and let you know what happens.

Thanks!!

(I tried to send you a PM, but it came up stating you didn't want private messages)

6. donkey42

donkey42 plank

[ot]
    i'll double check my settings, thankies :beer:[/ot]

7. goldeneye

goldeneye Geek Trainee

Have you tried cleaning the ink cartridge or printer? Lindy's website have some good products - Welcome to LINDY Computer Connection Technology

I have added some of the tips below for you.....:)
    LINDY Cleaning Cartridge Guide

Cleaning Carts for Tip

LINDY’s Cleaning Cartridges are designed to recover print heads that have become blocked with dirt and dried ink. They should only be used when the regular print head cleaning procedures are not effective. The cleaning cartridges contain a special fluid which dissolves the dried ink and clears the tiny jets in the print head.

How to use LINDY Cleaning Cartridges

First of all, ensure you have a new ink cartridge available to install in the printer after you have used the cleaning cartridge.

Important note: We do not recommend you re-use a partially used ink or cleaning cartridge, as removing and replacing the same cartridge can cause air to enter the print head, which can disrupt the ink flow and dry it up. Also, if your printer uses ‘chipped’ cartridges it may reject a partially used cartridge.

1. Remove the inkjet cartridge from the printer and replace with the Cleaning Cartridge.
    2. Perform at least 3 head cleaning cycles, more if the print head is blocked or the printer has been left standing for some time. (Refer to your printer’s documentation for instructions on how to do this).
    3. If possible, leave the printer to stand overnight. This allows the cleaning fluid to dissolve any dried ink.
    4. With the Cleaning Cartridge still in the printer, print 3 full pages of each affected colour. Use software with drawing facilities, e.g. MS Paint to create a large rectangle filled with the required colour. Set the print quality option to ‘Best’, ‘Fine’ or ‘Photo’ (whichever is appropriate for your printer).
    5. Replace the Cleaning Cartridge with NEW inkjet cartridges and perform 3 head cleaning cycles to flush any residue cleaning fluid out of the print head.

Tips to avoid future print-head blockages

* Use your printer regularly. When a printer is left unused for a long time the ink can dry out!
    * Try to avoid removing an ink cartridge until directed to by the printer software or LED status indicators. Removing and replacing a partially used cartridge can allow air to enter the print head and disrupt the ink flow. It can also make the ink outlet hole bigger which increases the risk of leaks.
    * When the cartridge is empty, do not remove it until you have a new one to replace it with. Leaving a printer stand without a cartridge in allows air to enter the print head and can cause the ink to dry out.