Epson RX620 gives up after an inch of printing

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by wanstronian, Jan 2, 2007.

1. wanstronian

wanstronian Geek Trainee

Hi,

I have an Epson RX620 all-in-one photo printer, and until now I've been very pleased with it...

I was recently printing out a big batch of photos onto A4 glossy photo paper, and everything was working well. Then, the printer just stopped printing the whole page. It prints about an inch, then ejects the page and starts printing gobbledygook on the next. This happens regardless of how many pages are in the feeder.

The paper is the same as I was using before, the only difference is that I replaced 2 of the ink cartridges with non-OEM.

The odd thing is that printing on normal 80gsm paper is fine, it's just with the 160gsm photo paper that the problem occurs.

Any clues?

Thanks

W

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

More than 80% of the technology is in the cartridges of the printer. So this could be a problem...
    Try nd do a test print of 160gsm paper nd see how it reacts coz another reason I can think of is a virus problem in your computer. So if it works with Test print then running antivirus should be your next thing to do according to me..