Error 339 Help

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by tuanvuhn, Mar 4, 2016.

1. tuanvuhn

tuanvuhn Guest

So I wanted to run a game but every time I try it gives me an error that says:

"Component 'COMCTL32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

I've looked on the forums for a solution and they all say to re-register the file using the command prompt. I've tried this in the folders for system32, system, and SysWow64 and none of them seem to be working. The most common error is:

"The module 'comctl32.ocx' failed to load. Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .DLL files. The specified module could not be found."

another one is:

"The module 'comctl32.ocx' may not be compatible with the version of Windows that you're running. Check if the module is compatible with an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of regsvr32.exe."

At this point I'm completely clueless on what to do.

Tags: shooting games online, ringtones free download

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2016
  2. JudySmith712

JudySmith712 Guest

For those who have had this issue, the "comctl32.ocx" file needs to be copied to the c:\windows\SysWow64 folder and re-registered. Then everything will run smoothly.