Error message

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by sunkast, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

wow thats pretty cool, i might upgrade to 4 x 512Mb soon, should i get that or 2 x 1Gb?

2. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

2x1gb, so you can upgrade more later on

try to save space

3. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

yeah, good idea, but i dont think i'll need 4Gb of RAM for a long time....

4. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

it would help a good deal if you would want to put longhorn on eventually, its gonna need alot to run fully and optimally, also it has alot more services, its basically a RAM killer

5. sunkast

sunkast Geek Trainee

Is there anything in the BIOS i have to set to make it run at dual channel? because i know both my sticks function fine alone. But when i use slots 2 and 4 for dual channel it crashes to the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I know my motherboard supports the dual channel because its a Lanparty nF4 SLi-DR. I heard you have to change some voltage settings on the ram? any help on this would be great. Thanks

6. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

it should work like that at default i believe just when the sticks are the same and are dual channel capable, mine work defaultly like that

try using 1 and 3

if it doesnt work on 2 and 4 that means theres a problem in the motherboard i believe

sunkast likes this.
  7. sunkast

sunkast Geek Trainee

ill try some stuff then let you know

8. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

You probably need to up the voltage a little. I'm not familiar with the RAM itself, but you should be able to go up to 2.8V safely with most RAM. Given Corsair's stance on overclocking, you should be find with a voltage like that. Secondly, the first two BIOS releases for the DFI NF4 motherboards are known to have some serious problems. I would highly recommend flashing to the 3/10 (or later) BIOS to help yourself.

I'd also highly recommend looking over at DFI Street, DFI's official support forum. One of the mods, RGone has a nice BIOS settings guide that you might find helpful for stabilizing the RAM. You'll probably have to search for it, but that's a great forum link.