Espon 1670 scanner and sti.dll

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by alangent, Jul 25, 2007.

1. alangent

alangent Geek Trainee

My scanner suddenly stopped working at the same time I got an error message about this library file. I've unloaded the scanner and completed a full re-install. It doesn't work. If I try it on either of the other PCs, the scanner works fine. Is it a dll fault and if so, do I have to mess with the registry - that's a bit scary to a guy like me!!

Thanks

Alan
    :confused:

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

What's the scanner you're using and what specific error message are you getting?

3. alangent

alangent Geek Trainee

Its an Epson 1670 perfection. I start up the scanner and it goes through the warm up then says its not recognised, but once only I also got a message quoting the sti.dll file when I opened the scanner, BUT unfortunately I can't remember what it said. Scanner works on other PCs in our house.

Thanks

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

From what I can gather, it looks like your sti.dll file is corrupt or missing. While it has to do with the scanner, it's not exclusive to Epson, as the Google search came up with HP and Canon on the first page. Here is where you can get it. Drag it to the C:\Windows\System32 folder.

5. alangent

alangent Geek Trainee

That's a big thank you from the UK Big B, back on line and running.

Best wishes

:chk: