[ethernet] Unplugged Cable Error (hardcore Mode)

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by Fouché Aziz, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Fouché Aziz

Fouché Aziz Geek Trainee

Hello, i apologize for my english, I'm French.:rolleyes:

A few days ago, I switched off my PC (not a laptop), unplugged it, moved it to another room, plugged it again and switched on.

Before that action, it worked perfectly, but now it is unable to access the internet.

The error message is classic "Ethernet cable unplugged"... even if the cable is plugged.

I have been on many forums, have tried many fixes but my problem isn't solved.

So :

- The cable works well (tested on another PC)
    - The ethernet plug on the wall works well too (tested too)
    - The ethernet plug of my PC works well (when I have linked my PC and another computer in a direct way they have exchanged packets, in input and in output)
    - The network card is well recognized by the peripheral explorer
    - The driver is up to date
    - I have bought a new network cable with another plug, have mounted it on my PC, same issue:mad:
    - My /ipconfig isn't very interessant (Media disconnected)
    - When I ping to local (127.0.0.1) it works perfectly
    - When I ping to another IPaddress the result is "General Failure"
    - I restored the System to a backup, when it worked good
    - Tried many times to disable/enable my network card, i've reinstalled it too

System : Windows 7
    Network card : Realtek GBE Family Controller
    Protocol : IPv4
    Cable Ethernet RJ45

If you need more informations I'll give you with pleasure.

Thanks to help me, I concede I'm a little bit desesperated, live without internet on my PC is complicated ! :p

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Will it work if you put it back to the Original spot ? So the new spot works on other laptops/computers ? What Antivirus / Firewall are you using ?

3. Fouché Aziz

Fouché Aziz Geek Trainee

Hello, thanks for your answer

No it doesn't work if I put it back.

The new spot is working well for other computers.

McAfee for the antivirus/firewall

Thanks

4. Fouché Aziz

Fouché Aziz Geek Trainee

Ok in fact it works fine in the previous place... :)

5. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Check you firewall settings,Or remove McAfee totally and see what happens..

6. DevidHuang

DevidHuang Geek Trainee

Several possible causes of "A Network Cable Is Unplugged" messages exist. The error message appears on a computer when an installed Ethernet adapter is seeking to make a network connection.

Try the following tips to resolve your problem:

• Disable the Ethernet network adapter if you are not using it. This applies, for example, when running a WiFi home network with computers that have built-in Ethernet adapters. To disable the adapter, double-click the small Network Cable Unplugged error window and choose the Disable option.
    • Check both ends of the Ethernet cable connected to the adapter to ensure they are not loose.
    • Replace the Ethernet cable with a different one to verify the cable is not damaged.
    • Update the network adapter driver software from the manufacturer's Web site.
    • Change the Link Speed and Duplex settings (using Device Manager) to use "100 Mbps Full Duplex" or "10 Mbps Full Duplex" instead of Auto Detect.
    • Replace the Ethernet network adapter if it is a removable PCI or PCMCIA card. First remove and re-insert the existing adapter hardware to verify the card is connected properly. If necessary, also replace it with a different card.
    • The device your Ethernet adapter is connected to, such as a broadband modem or network router may be malfunctioning. Troubleshoot these devices as needed.