Event ID FT disk error # 45 & 49

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by Ghostman 1, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

I am getting these two errors in Event Viewer and when you clear them they come back after each startup.. Is there a fix for this ? using Windows Xp pro..SP3

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

WOW ! nobody has an answer !!! I took the hard drive out and put it into another pc and reinstalled XP, Now those two errors are gone, But When I install another hard drive into the Dell the errors come back, So i guess it is not the hard drive but the computer.. ANY HELP

3. Wildcard

Wildcard Big Geek

Hi,

If its a Dell PC, have you tried downloading the Dell diagnostics software? Its pretty good at detecting hardware issues on their pc's. The only thing I have found so far on those error codes is that there is not enough room in the pagefile to write an error dump, but so far havent seen any real solutions. It really doesnt make sense that its doing it with a different, freshly imaged hard drive which is why I would run the hardware diagnostics from dell first to rule out hardware.

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Hey, Thanks for your reply ! I will download the Dell diagnostic disk and try it.. Yea ! I can't seem to find too much about either error and how to fix them..
    I just put in a brand New hard drive and it still came up with those errors.. The only this I can do Is TURN off debugging log, and then they go away..
    I will try your suggestion..