External Battery Charger

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by Quarterwave, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Quarterwave

Quarterwave Geek Trainee

Hi all,

I'm looking for some help in finding an external battery charger for my old IBM i-Series Thinkpad (i think it's a 1400 or 1500 series model - FWEIW, the battery part no. is : 02K6632). It's an old machine, but does what I need it to do, and I've been having what appears to be a typical problem with this model, which is that the charger is not charging the battery properly. Occassionally, the charging plastic/metal attachment gets REAL hot, so I can only imagine that it's not getting through to the battery due to probably a dry soldering joint somewhere in that part of the computer.

After looking online, it seems that it's a tedious fix to pull apart the computer and re-solder it, so I was wondering if anyone knew of an external charger that would be compatible with my battery (actually, batteries - I just bought a new one, thinking that it was the battery going bad). Unfortunately, just going out an buying a new system is out of the equation for me just at the moment, so any assistance is appreciated in advance.

Thanks,
    Quarterwave

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member