Fallout 3 anyone played it???

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Pimp, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

Hello

Just got the game and i got to say it absolutely brilliant anyone else got it and what they think of it???

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

not played it but have heard good things! what did you like about it; graphics, storyline etc?

3. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

I played it for a bit, but it was rather boring. Graphics a nice, but the gameplay is bad.

First of all it's not easy to get ammo for your weapons. For example, I had the following items: BB Gun with ±10 bullets, rifle with 3 bullets, and a baseball bat. And with these items I had to kill a load of big creatures with miniguns. I was performing melee attacks all the time, because I was out of ammo most of the time.

And then is the poor navigation. It took me about 5 hours to walk from A to B, because I just couldn't find the correct path. And stuff like that makes a game very boring.

4. jonathan1758

jonathan1758 Geek Trainee

Fantastic game. Its one of those games that gets better and more rewarding the more you play it. Which is better than seeing all the best stuff at the beginning then the rest drifting off into boredom.

I've played it for hours and its not often i can do that with a game. i was a big fan of Oblivion too though.

5. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

I don't understand why RHochstenbach says it was bad to play i guess everyone to their opinion but in mine case i think it is a absolutely wicked brilliant game if you liked oblivion then this is the game for you (same engine as oblivion) even to those people who love shoot em ups. it has wicked graphics, the story is brilliant and there is so much to do and explore also it is jam packed with guns and explosives to kill all those different baddies

one big note that i would like to say is that if you like guts and heads flying off people and monsters then this is the game for you its absolutely violent i was curious to know why some of the features of the game where not banned like going around as a kid and stabbing people and chopping their heads of lol it is a big improvement from oblivion

I think its one of the best games of 2008 alongside CoD5

6. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

Yeah, i have held out on this for a while, i liked the original fallouts, they were quirky and... lol, original. From all that i have read/seen it seems like i would align with the long/drawn out/boring crowd.. Graphics in no way make a game for me, so they aren't really ever considered into overall rating, most of the time. For the oblivion engine, i feel like there just needs to be tons and tons of stuff packed into every bit of the map, but from what i understand... it literally is a wasteland. For how Fallout is suppose to be tied in with this engine/mechanics i feel like the formula should have been a little different. I mean, this is just my opinion, i haven't actually played the game, i've just poored over articles and video, as i have been weary and i guess glad i haven't bought it.