far cry graphics

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by xslynux, Apr 6, 2004.

1. xslynux

xslynux Geek Trainee

can u guys tell me whats causing this, click here its only on 1024x768 and everything on default

2. FishyWishy

FishyWishy Geek Trainee

yeh i get that same problem, i figured it was just that my video card didnt support a few of the things farcry required .. such as pixel shading .. maybe its just a problem with the demo .. i only encounter it sometimes like if i accidentily press the windows key when i get back in its like that .. so yeh your not alone

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I'm not sure. I've been playing the full thing with my 9600XT and haven't seen that. Sometimes problems crop up like that in demos.

Also, save the pic as a .jpg next time. Bitmap images tend to be pretty big (in terms of megabytes), and aren't considered to be "web-friendly" image formats.

Waffle likes this.
  4. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

I've seen some pretty ugly artifacts a lot like the ones you're experiencing on my 9700Pro. One time it was after I forced 4x FSAA. It seems that certain pixel shader 2.0 effects aren't compatible with FSAA, and Far Cry happens to be full of them. The other time, it was because Windows had completely hosed some video DLLs in both DX9 and my drivers. After hours of trying to fix it, I ended up just counting it as FUBAR and reinstalling Windows from scratch.

5. xslynux

xslynux Geek Trainee

thx for the reply guys, the problem happens after i messed around with radlinkers opengl. but after i set everything back to default the artifacts are still there. so i reinstall catalyst and uninstall radlinker which fixed the problem.
    sorry about the file size and posting in a wrong topic ;)

6. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Hey I had the exact same problem on my Demo of Far Cry. Like there would be random coloured lines and the textures would go grey. It was, as previously said. FUBAR. Very FUBAR'd....bear in mind, that this was on a...

Pentium III - 800Mhz
    384Mb RAM
    25.4Gb HD
    nVidia 64Mb GeForce MX440

But sometimes it still played perfectly, on 800x600, all settings low.