Favorite Music Group?

Discussion in 'Concert Hall' started by extreme4377, Oct 21, 2004.

1. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

DMX, Xzibit, Linkin Park, Rob Zombie...little bit of everything for me. What about you? Youre fav groups?

2. Tigger

Tigger Geek Trainee

taking back sunday, alien ant farm, 36 crazyfists, jeff buckley, million dead, INME, bloc party.. just a few bands from my playlist

i wrote that in the "Finally, a Music Forum" thread. then i saw this thread.. whoops : :swt:

i went to see linkin park live at london arena .. was pretty freakin awesome.

3. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

4. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

I've liked Rancid a lot since I was a kid... OPIV, Subhumans, Citizen Fish, Social D, etc... These days it's been all Miles Davis and Freddie Hubbard though. I must be getting old! :p

5. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

My favorite group, and by far, is Nightwish.

I've liked Aerosmith and NoFx a lot in the past.

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Lately, I've been listening to Sevendust and Linkin Park. Other favs: Spineshank, old school Metallica, old Korn, Nothingface, Disturbed, Mudvayne, Slipknot, Pitchshifter, Taproot, Godsmack. On the rock side, Our Lady Peace (except for "Gravity" disc---WTF is that crap), Incubus (except for "Crow..."), old Goo Goo Dolls, Crossfade, Chevelle, and Breaking Benjamin.

7. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Slipknot, Soulfly, and mostly what's on B's list except for Seven Dust and Breaking Benjaminm, whom I have never heard of.

Manson, Queens of The Stone Age, Nirvana (gods), Soil - if you like heavy music with meaningful lyrics, they are for you. Check out Halo if you are a first time listener to them.

8. Egaladeist

Egaladeist I am the Eg Man

I've heard of some of these groups mentioned..like rob zombie and the goo goo dolls...obviously, aerosmith ...but my favorite group of all time has to be a toss up between the Moody Blues and Three dog night...solos: John Lennon and Marvin Gaye...if the criteria to be a favorite is something you can listen to over decades and it's still fresh... :good:

if you were stranded on a deserted island and only had one cd with you to listen to for the next twenty years what would it be? :) and why? :)

for me...that would be...The Greatest Hits of Marvin Gaye...because some songs rock...some are mellow...some make you think...and none are boring. :cool:

9. Anti-Trend

Anything from Beethoven, Ludwig Van. There's a difference between popular music and classical music -- it's called 'Classical' for a reason! :)

10. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Classical and Classic is not the same thing Anti, take a dictionnary and read ;)

I like classical music but I love symphonic metal, you should try Nightwish out.

11. Anti-Trend

Good idea!
    ...but what's your point?

12. Fred

Fred Moderator

ummm..... Project 86, Nickel Creek, Beethoven. Yeah, i guess thats enough

13. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Wow. That's a real variety. Project 86 is pretty rockin from the stuff I've heard.

14. Addis

Addis The King

Some of the stuff from the Black Eyed Peas was good.

15. Fred

Fred Moderator

Yeah. They're not like death metal or anything, but they're pretty hard. I like more bands in that genre than the others but those are probably my favorite over all. Oh yeah, and I really like the Dave Mathews Band too! <- :good:

16. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

You should listen to some Symphony X. They're really good, music sounds awesome, but I haven't found their cd's in stores anywhere! Only on their website... :frowny face:

17. Egaladeist

Egaladeist I am the Eg Man

www.dealtime in the UK claims to either have or will direct you to the lowest price for Symphony X...if that helps :D

18. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Yep I know them and HMV should have those in stores no ?

I also like Rhapsody.

19. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

omg all of you are either into rock or heavy metal :swear:

Rock kicks ass, but that heavy meteal stuff, or stuff like korn / soil, omg whats all the shouting about!? anyawy, before i critisise i try and take an unbiased view point over things to try and gain the perspective of the person who likes it..

Tried, Tested, Failed lol I understand that there is meaning behind all the shouting and what they are talking about, but common! it all sounds the same, and how do you listen to that walking down the street? or anywhere thats not a mosh pit full of fat hairy goths? :)

lol

Anyway, i like pretty much anything other than heavy metal and bad rap..

Fatboy Slim - All Albums + new one v.original its amazing..
    Layo & Bushwaka! / Orbital / Snow Patrol / The Cords / Muse / Any Ministry of Sound, but i love stuff like Ben E King, Marvin Gaye, Barry White, love 60's music / 70's.. even stretched to some micheal jackson sometimes :D

Kelis - Millionaire Feat Andre 3000 -> = -> Brill Song :D

me = clubber + stoner = Gr8 Mix :D

20. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I dunno. The screaming just gets me pumping, when done right and with the right guitar work.