Favorite Music Group?

Discussion in 'Concert Hall' started by extreme4377, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Egaladeist

Egaladeist I am the Eg Man

I gotta agree with ProcalX...like I mentioned before in this thread I'm a sixties lover from that generation...there doesn't seem to be much difference from one rapper to the next...or from one heavy metal band to the next...they all seem to follow the same pattern...in the sixties everything was experimentation...constantly changing...evolving...right into the seventies...with the exception of the Stones and most of what came out of Motown...virtually every album produced in the sixties was an experiment in style from one song to the next...the Beatles making the most changes in their style...everyone today seems content on following the formula " we only make what sells "...popular mainstream music...same-old same-old. :sick:even guys like Korn and Marilyn Manson are nothing more than modern versions of Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osbourne and ( "the crazy world of )Arthur Brown" ( the latter used to set himself on fire on stage after singing his one and only hit song..."Fire"...I am the god of hell fire and I bring you Fire... ). :D

We need a new Invasion! :good:

2. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

:D hahah, lol.

I'm not fat or hairy or a goth.

There is something about coming home from a crappy day at school/college/work and turning the volume way way up and putting (sic) or mOBSCENE on.

It does wonders for me!! :D

me = clubber + stoner = Gr8 Mix :D - too true, too true!

3. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I don't really like the screaming, but being a musician I have the most fun playing rock/metal

4. Fred

Fred Moderator

I used to like harder music a lot more when i was younger. I've come to like stuff with more meaning and better musicians. The thing about hard music is that when I'm in a bad mood, it kinda keeps me there, and for some reason it feels good. But I still havent grown tired of stuff like Rage Against the Machine, Korn, and Nirvana (even though they're not hard). There's other stuff i cant remember right now too, but you get the idea. I've come to like a lot more stuff like Dave Matthews, Joe Satriani, Eagles, Eric Clapton, and Eric Johnson.

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

That's true. I really used to be big into Korn, but, between aging and their subsequent albums (everything after Follow the Leader), I've been getting less impressed with. Jon Davis needs to see a psychiatrist and go away, along with the rest of the band. In otherwords, quit while they're ahead.

6. Fred

Fred Moderator

I agree, it was only their old stuff that was much good. I think after that it became about making money, like most bands.