Fax/Modem??

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by Impeditor, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Impeditor

Impeditor Geek Trainee

This question may seem alittle stupid, but I just installed a Genius Fax/Modem, and every time I connect, the annoying connection noises come out of the computer(very loud), not the speaker phones(My speaker phones are connected to my ensonic audio pc sound card, not the modem), so when I turn down the volume nothing happens...;)

Thanx

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Modems are loud, but you can adjust the volume on them. Unfortunately, it's been a long time since I've used a modem, so I couldn't tell you where to do it. I would check under device manager to see if the option is there, though.

3. Moobrack

Moobrack Geek Trainee

ages since I have used a modem too, been on DSL for a year and a bit.

It is supposed to come out of your computer neways, as Big B said the volume is adjustable!

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I'm on 56k :( well anyway, to turn of the noise the Modem makes, go to the device manager, double click on you're modem, a properties box should appear from there on it should be easy for you.

5. Impeditor

Impeditor Geek Trainee

...if I could

yeah, but it always says that the modem properities are corrupt, and I've re-installed them several times...

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Have you tried getting new drivers? If not, there's probably not much you can do, other than pull out some ear plugs when you connect online. Or get a new modem.

7. Impeditor

Impeditor Geek Trainee

I'm getting the drivers now...if it dosen't help I'm returning the modem (Genius support said that is was a "system proplem...

8. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I say bull.

9. Impeditor

Impeditor Geek Trainee

Bull is right...the ***** servers at genius net.com.tw are always down.... (ftp.geniusnet.com.tw)

:mad:

10. Impeditor

Impeditor Geek Trainee

the "new" (99) drivers didan't work, the damn sounds keep comin out at max volume (out of the computer, not the speakers....not ajustable in my case)...oh well, guess the modem's goin' back to the store...

11. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

if you are get the Diamond SupraExpress 56i Pro, I've had it for more than a year, no problems at all :p

12. Impeditor

Impeditor Geek Trainee

Yeah, i think I will...anything has to be better than this...:rolleyes:

13. k2bladesk8er

k2bladesk8er Geek Trainee

I have a great idea. Screw the modem take it out learn to tweak with it cause you can speed it up and u can tweak the volume on it on the inside. GOTO tweak3d.com screw around with it. And considering its a guiness. I suggest pullling a office space move and grab a sludge hammer and smash the damn thing lots of times until your arms cant move. than lite it on fire and laugh in a devilish tone MUHAHAHAHA anyway goodluck. Get a cable modem or dsl. :D

14. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

:blah:
    Do the previous suggestion if all else fails:D (yaaay, DSL)