Front Panel LEDS

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by thomasbuonoman, Jan 21, 2007.

1. thomasbuonoman

thomasbuonoman Geek Trainee

Hi guys,

I just realized my Front Panel LEDS are dead. I have checked the connections and polarities several times and have even held the power LED in my hand when turning on and nothing. The wires are bent and it looks pretty beat up. Also it is 2 years old. I obvoiusly know when my PC is on it just gets annoying when I do not remember if I shut it off or left on standby. My Mobo is an ASUS P4P800-SE but ASUS was no help in finding a replacement Power and HDD LED. My case is a no name from a computer shop 2 years so it is not like I can go to the Manafacturer. Last time I checked they did not carry my case so.... I have checked ASUS, newegg and Compusa. Any Recommendations.

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

the flag indicates you live in US, i think Radio Shack sells LED's[ot]you'll need to solder the old wires to the new LED's[/ot]

3. thomasbuonoman

thomasbuonoman Geek Trainee

Thanks I will try that although I do not know how to solder. My dad has a soldering gun so I hope he knows.

4. donkey42

donkey42 plank

don't worry it's v easy to solder[ot]it's called a soldering iron in UK[/ot]

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Practice a little before, but you'll get the hang of it.

6. donkey42

donkey42 plank

good idea :good: