Games consoles 'not green enough'

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Newswire, May 20, 2008.

1. Newswire

Newswire Geek Trainee

Read More...

2. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

hmm, i dunno, nether are gaming computers, and there just isn't any way that can happen. I think a larger problem, is greener power.

3. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

ok, thats pitched all wrong. That article isn't about power consumption, (like i had figured) it was a lot more about the materials they are made of, and all that stuff is really crazy. Now though, i wonder about computer components??

4. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Hmm, well some guy is quoted in that article who said that "None of these chemicals exist in Sony's Vaio laptop. So if they can do it for a laptop, why can't they push this for the console also?"

So I guess you can assume that computers are better in this respect?

5. edijs

edijs Programmer

and talking about computers - as sad as it can get - Apple's having quite a problem with this as well. Apparently, they're not going with the flow of geeniazing their materials used in production... (example article)

6. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Ouch. Last place for Apple.

Props to Greenpeace, though. I didn't even know about them nor any such campaign until reading these links. Good to know they're out there doing their thing.

7. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

ha, no kidding, i was just thinking the other day, and the world would be a very different place if there weren't people out there advocates for a green world...