Genre of Music

Discussion in 'Concert Hall' started by Anti-Trend, Feb 25, 2006.

?

What genre is the music you're listening to at this moment?

1. Ambient / New Age

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Blues / Bluegrass

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Classical / Baroque

2 vote(s)
    5.1%
  4. Electronica / Trance / Electro / Electropop

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. Folk / Country

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Instrumental / Ethnic / Solo

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Jazz / Latin Jazz / Modern Jazz

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  8. Metal / Progressive / Punk / Etc.

19 vote(s)
    48.7%
  9. Rap / Hip-hop / Etc.

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  10. Pop / Chart

10 vote(s)
    25.6%
  11. Indie / Alternative / New Wave

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

What's the genre of music you're listening to right now? For me, it's Frank Sinatra, "Let's Get Away From It All", in the Jazz category. What about you?

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I've been listening to that Drop Trio album AT - Very good, although Dream Theater - Scenes From a Memory is the album I've got in my stereo at the moment, I just think it's awesome. I'm a rock/metal person myself but occasionally I'll hear something different and really like it (like that Drop Trio album, fantastic!)

3. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

My bespoke, Pandora, Bob Dylan station is playing Procol Harum...... and....... Bob Dylan! Right now!

4. Anti-Trend

[ot]
    Me too! I have 3,320 tracks accross 37 genres in my collection, according to amaroK. But the question was, 'What genre are you listening to right now?' Therefore, only one genre is an appropriate answer, unless you listen to multiple songs at once (weirdo). :)[/ot]

5. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

Whoops, you missed out ' 80's indie/alternative' :p

I've been listening to a lot of Morrissey...

6. Anti-Trend

Indie is short for "Independant", which can fall into any genre.
    That would be a rock-related genre, although sappy goth rock. ;) But I didn't start this thread to make fun of you, only out of curiosity. :) As for more specific subgenres, I apologize but our polls are limited to ten choices.

7. Addis

Addis The King

Classical baroque for me, although it does vary quickly.

8. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Bleeding Hearts Shed No Tears by Atreyu. So that's in the metal catagory. Don't know why, but if it's not played better at loud volumes and half the lyrics are near indicipherable then I don't like it. :p

9. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Metal for the win..

currently I'm listening to Children of Bodoms latest, Coal Chamber, and still at the top of my 25 most played, Pantera.

10. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I listened to one of the local stations playing stuff on their 'Metal Shop' program in the way into work last night. I have to go with Metal/Progressive, since I've been listening to my Flyleaf CD a lot too. Rock, but certainly not the soft type.

11. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Nothing specific for me really. Just any rock related genre that comes by my hands whether it be from Radio X and KDST in Grand theft Auto SanA or stuff I've come across from Ozzy, Van Halen, or other groups like system of a down, metalica, audioslave, etc. (see it's pretty varied, I never just stick with one clean genre).

12. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

Sappy goth rock? :confused: Although at times his music can sound dreary, his lyrics are quite the opposite. He's probably one of the best lyricists of our time. They are funny, witty and real-life.

I've finally had all the Morrissey I can handle for the time being! I was listening to his music non-stop for over a month! I think I'll die if I hear anything by him again in the near future!

I'm revisiting the Clash at the moment. London Calling to be exact. Probably their best album, although their first was pretty good too. Also been listening to Echo & The Bunnymen and The Rapture

13. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

I cant vote...Do i need need to be a staff member, admin or more than 600 posts to vote ?

14. Anti-Trend

The poll is expired, so you can't vote anymore.

15. hellraiser

hellraiser Geek Trainee

I know that the poll expired, but I wanted to say that i love all kinds of rock music. I'm currently listening to KISS's "Ladies In Waiting" as we speak. I consider this to be hard rock from the 70s or 80s. I wonder if anyone else loves KISS as much as I do. I know that a famous guy name Hal Sparks is a huge fan of them too. They just rock so much! What do you guys think of them?

Kiss - Ladies In Waiting

16. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I was brought up on KISS - My Dad's a huge fan!

GO GO 80's HAIR METAL!!!

17. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

Wooooo! Eminem! He's very good at writing lyrics, just a shame they have so much swearing in.

18. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I can appreciate what he, and other rappers can do, I don't own any rap cd's and most stuff doesn't really interest me but to me it's pretty impressive, freestyling especially.

19. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

I am anti- Anti Trend... :D I like Pop~!
    Michael Jackson has lots of nice songs, which I love to listen and dance... Like Ghosts, Dangerous, Invincible, You Rock my world etc etc.....

20. UnSeEn

UnSeEn Mayor McCheese

God...my collection of music is pretty eclectic. I've got a bit of everything: rock, metal, techno, classical, jazz, etc. I put my ITunes on randomized and listen to most anything that comes up. Nowadays, I've been listening to a lot of Wolfmother (new old-school rock) and Cascada's "Every Time We Touch" CD. Heheheh...dance music rocks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.