Getting your movies to play?

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Anime and Manga' started by Damian, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Damian

Damian Geek Trainee

I have about 6 movies on my pc that I am completely clueless about how to get them to work, generally, if it's not already playable in VLC or WMA, then im clueless. (note: these are not new movies)

the ones i need help with are the ones with like 30+ zip files that all have errors when i unzip them normally. and theres also a computer icon that i click and it gives me sometihgn about it is not a system file.

I know these movies work, I'm just totally new to unzipping them properly or something, i dont get how so many Rar files can come together into one long movie.

if anyone is willing to help me with this, It would be greatly appreciated, my AIM is Cimsorel

2. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

You are bordering on the un able to discuss part put right click your .nfo and open it with notepad to read it and that should give you some info and with all the rar files find the one with the actual extension .rar and not .r001 .r002 etc..Hope I have been some help

3. Addis

Addis The King

.rar files in large numbers like .r01, .r02 etc need Winrar to be opened. Click extract to and then extract it, it should combine all the separate files and you'll have one archive instead.

The files you can't open are most like .nfo files. These are actually information text files to help you but windows associates it with another program. Right click and then open with>notepad. You can set it to open all .nfo files with that.

The movies are probably in mpeg4/mp3 audio format used in avi, if you don't have the codecs then download this xVid program will install the mpeg4 codec for you. http://www.koepi.org/XviD-1.0.3-20122004.exe
    Then it should play in WMP.

4. syngod

syngod Moderator

Also if you find a movie your unable to play try using the GSpot Codec Information Appliance, it will analyze the file and tell you the video and audio codec you need.