GF2mx400 redraw question

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Impeditor, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Impeditor

Impeditor Geek Trainee

I just installed a GF2mx400-pci, an all the drivers are up to date, but in games like Max Payne an Empire Earth the screen re-draws don't seem to be working very well, cause every once in a while black "gliches" flash on the screen...:confused:

2. SETEO

SETEO Geek Trainee

You're not having much luck with your computer are you mate?!!....sounds like a DirectX probem.

I had a similar prob with Serious Sam 2 demo recently, had to re-install graphics driver & DirectX 8.1 .....seems to have solved my prob at least.

3. Impeditor

Impeditor Geek Trainee

No, but this computer is quite old...I'm gonna assemble a new one (p4 2gigahertz) so I'ts just temporary... an I've already re-installed the drivers, DirectX8.1, Windows, formated the drive...an so on..;)

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

Impeditor a new computer is likely to solve most problems, only if you're current system is quite old...

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

PCI graphics card with a P4 2GHz...Interesting.

6. Impeditor

Impeditor Geek Trainee

No, when I get a new computer, I'm gonna buy a AGP graphics card (It would be kinda stupid to keep the PCI one)...

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

:blah: I see says the blind man.