GTX650 causes bluescreen

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by RossHildick3D, Sep 24, 2013.

1. RossHildick3D

RossHildick3D Geek Trainee

This is my first post here so sorry if I'm doing anything wrong right off the bat (ie, posting in the wrong section)...

I MIGHT have a compatibility problem

Ok so Ive been running the Nvidia GTX280 since its release date and it finally sizzled the other week so I upgraded to the Geforce GTX650. Installed it, updated drivers via website... ran beautifully for about 3 days running games full spec etc then BOOM - bluescreen. checked drivers from the old card were properly uninstalled (yep) then re-installed new driver... BOOM another bluescreen (different error code this time) ... This happened over and over until I just put my old card back in. I want to do everything I can to get this card working as returning to the company I got it from for a refund is always a bit of a struggle!

My Specs:
    Windows 7 64bit
    8GB Ram
    AMD Athlon II: 4x 640
    Mobo -Biostar N68s3 Ver.6.x
    700w power sup

Right now I'm following leads from google about updating my bios but I don't think that'll fix anything and I'm pretty sure its fully updated anyway.

I just wanna rule out the possibility of the card being broken.

2. RossHildick3D

Forgot to mention - After messing around with driver versions etc, I uninstalled my old msi software from the old card...I no longer get a bluescreen but my computer still locks up as if I was and if I have sound playing at the time... well... lets just say I've never head a computer scream out in pain until now.

3. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Anyway to test this card into another computer to see if it will freeze up or cause problems? You need to test the new card and rule it out..

4. RossHildick3D

No I'm afraid not! I'm in a new place and dont know anyone to ask... at least not for a few weeks :(

5. RossHildick3D

updated bios - did nothing... Uninstalled latest driver and used the one is shipped with... nothing. Still getting the bluescreen. I usually get thing like DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, or "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION" etc but this time nothing; I just get a string like 0x0000075 or something like that.

6. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

It sounds like The new Card is Defective, Send it back and get another One..

RossHildick3D likes this.