Half-Life, or Half-Baked? Doom III, or Doomed?

Discussion in 'The War Zone' started by Anti-Trend, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

...these are questions gamers should be asking themselves these days. Will Half-Life 2 and Doom 3 ever grace our shelves? And by the time they finally do, will anybody fucking care? Delay after delay after delay has left a bitter taste in the mouths of many avid gamers, and I'm no exception. The constant extensions of release time frames are starting to look less like unfortunate technical setbacks and more like sleazy corperate positioning. Perhaps they are waiting for the next generation of consoles to emerge, or maybe the birth of the non DX9-crippled Nvidia card. Could be they're waiting for more ambitious (and less bloated) companies to pick up the slack and steal their target demographic of young adults with short attention spans. Right now I'd say it's looking like the latter. Whatever the reason, it's clear that the substantial hyperbolic excitement that was initially generated by these two behemoth projects is evaporating more and more everyday. The real question of the hour: if / when HL2 & Doom3 are released, will it have been worth the wait?

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I'd rather have them stay in development than come out with a crappy title...like Daikatana.

3. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Hahahaha, so true. But should Daikatana have been released at all? I don't care how polished the engine is, I cannot take a game seriously where the mainstay of the enemy is robotic frogs. :sick: What kinda sick bastard though that would be a good idea?

4. DwnSthGaBoyz

DwnSthGaBoyz Geek Trainee

as long as have my ut tournament and a good 5Mb cable im good to go. oh yeah bg2 also