Hardware or Software problem?

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by redrider37, Feb 2, 2010.

1. redrider37

redrider37 Geek Trainee

Hi Everyone,

I have an HP DV5-1111, it booted the other day minus the bootmgr, I had made a recovery disk so decided to recover the system.

That did not work, I tried from the hard drive partition, that failed, I borrowed 2 different Vista disks and they failed.

I went into the Bios and changed boot sequence, It plays the disks, it asks me for the usual stuff like language, agree licence etc but it fails at the same point every time, the screen says "we have all the information we need". the 1st part is OK, it is three quarters through the second part of install where the green line monitoring progress stops.

the hard drive light flashes in a steady fashion not random, it stays like that for hours until I turn it off, I would like to buy NOrton utilities to check for bad sectors, whst do you think?

I have ran Hitachi own diagnostic software but this shows the disk to be good. HELP.

Thanks in advance

Red.

2. HardwareHunter

HardwareHunter Geek Trainee

Oh wow no one gave you a response here. I was looking forward to it. I guess you probably have figured out your problem by now.

3. david30

david30 Geek Trainee

Hi!
    If you lost your partition table , you can fix that with "HDD Regenerator v1.71" and " PTDD Partition Table Doctor 3.51":)