"has not passed windows logo testing to verify its compatibility with windows XP"

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by zara shafa, Dec 23, 2007.

1. zara shafa

zara shafa Geek Trainee

Hi

I recently has a virus on my computer which wiped my system clean. After formatting i realised that my computer had no sound. I found that my computer has a realtek sound card. In device manager it says "no audio device". I went on to realtek website and installed AC'97 but when it comes close to the end of the installation i get a message that tells me that the software isn't digitally signed so may not be compatible with windows. I clicked "continue anyway" and after a few seconds my system automatically restarts. So i still have no sound on my computer. Please please can sumone help me.

Regards
    Zara

2. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

Welcome to hardwareforums zara shafa :beer:

Do you know what model of sound card you have?
    Is it a pci card or part of the motherboard? (if so, what motherboard).

If this computer was bought from dell/etc then knowing the model of the computer should be enough for one of us to find a driver :)

3. zara shafa

zara shafa Geek Trainee

Hi

Firstly thank you for getting back to me. I am not very good with computers, imust say. So you asked what model my sound card is. To be honest i haven't got the foggiest idea. How would i know this?

Regards

Zara

4. donkey42

donkey42 plank

firstly if you have onboard sound (built into the motherboard) it probably need enabling in the BIOS

to find out exacty what you have download & install & run PCWizard & help us to help you by posting what PCWizard tells you

Edit: yeah, welcome & merry christmas

5. zara shafa

zara shafa Geek Trainee

Hi

I am sorry to sound dumb. I have installed PC Wizard. What am i clicking into as there are a number of tabs on the left hand side.

6. donkey42

donkey42 plank

click "Hardware" & then click an icon on the Hardware tab & PCWizard will tell you exactly what you have in your system e.g. your motherboard make and model (the motherboard is listed as "Mainboard")[ot]sorry, but i use Linux & i can't remember much about XP[/ot]

7. zara shafa

zara shafa Geek Trainee

Hi

I think this is what u are asking for

Mainboard : NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL PALOMAR (MS-6763)
    Chipset : Intel i865PE
    Processor : Intel Pentium 4 @ 2800 MHz
    Physical Memory : 512 MB (2 x 256 DDR-SDRAM )
    Video Card : ATI Technologies Inc Radeon 9200 SE Series (RV280)
    Hard Disk : Maxtor (164 GB)
    DVD-Rom Drive : SONY DVD-ROM DDU1615
    DVD-Rom Drive : PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-110D
    Monitor Type : 17 inches
    Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RT8139 (A/B/C/810x/813x/C+) Fast Ethernet Adapter
    Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2
    DirectX : Version 9.0c

8. donkey42

donkey42 plank

not all i wanted, but it' enough, the sound drivers you require are here
    if it still doesn't work you may need to just reboot or reboot and enter the BIOS and make sure the onboard sound card is enabled, but, first try just installing the drivers

Edit: BTW: how did you get an Australian motherboard ?

9. zara shafa

zara shafa Geek Trainee

Hi

I have this board becuz a friend of a friend made my computer so he must have used equipment brought from the internet which must have worked out cheaper for him

10. zara shafa

zara shafa Geek Trainee

OMG it has worked. I have been struggling with this for the last month. Thank you sssoooo much.

11. Srilatha

Srilatha Geek Trainee

Even i have a similar kind of issue while formating i had the same logo testing error...any how i continued with the installation and everything went good...but now the audio is not coming....it also shows drivers installed perfectly...please help me with this problem.....it has onboard sound card only...Mainboard : Intel D915GLVG
    Awaiting your response.....

12. ankitsrivastav

ankitsrivastav Geek Trainee

This happens for many reasons. Most important is. if you have laptop then download the drivers for your model from the internet. In case it is a desktop then you need to find out what components you have and then get the drivers. You can get more details on this site. I use this regularly to sort out my day to day problems:

Dummy Essentials

13. rana

rana Geek Trainee

HI
    I am having a issue.trying to install soundcard driver.Did alomost 100 times.Its saying not passing windows logo.STOP or continue anyway.

I have built in soundcard.Done the pc wizard.
    Mainboard : Intel D845GERG2
    Chipset : Intel i845GE
    Processor : Intel Pentium 4 @ 2666 MHz
    Physical Memory : 1280 MB
    Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 (Microsoft Corporation)
    Hard Disk : ST340014A (40 GB)
    DVD-Rom Drive : ASUS DRW-1814BL
    DVD-Rom Drive : DVD-16X DVD1648/BKH
    Monitor Type : COMPAQ COMPAQ 1501 - 15 inches
    Network Card : Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL (ICH4/ICH4-L) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
    Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2
    DirectX : Version 9.0c (March 2006)

PLEASE NEED HELP BADLY...

14. rana

rana Geek Trainee

Its just a desktop...

15. donkey42

donkey42 plank

firstly calm down, secondly try following this (your mobo only) if you still have probs please create a new thread as many forum members (myself included) don't usually help someone who hijacks an existing thread, as i feel it could be construed as being rude

anyway, please create a new thread if you need further help

BTW: no offence intended