HDA Digital X-Mystique 7.1 Help

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by mrnoshot, May 3, 2005.

1. mrnoshot

mrnoshot Geek Trainee

Hopefully there are others here who have bought this card that might have some insight for my issue - I am not able to play dts-wavs that have been extracted from dts cds or play dts-cds directly from the dvd-rom... I get pink noise.
    Everything else on this card works great - nice sounding 5.1 DD Live.

The support for this card I have found is close to null -

First, my setup:
    Sound Card - HDA Digital X-Mystique 7.1 (same as chip CMI8768+)
    External AV Receiver - SONY STR-DE675
    Connected via - Toslink/Optical cable
    PC DVD-ROM - connected to sound card via digital spdif
    WinXP Pro DirectX 9
    Sound card SW - C-Media 3D Audio Configuration v1.0.41.17
    Audio driver - v5.12.01.0043 (39e)

I checked and these wavs are 16-bit 44.1KHz - I have burned them to cd and can play them fine in my entertainment system dvd player. I am wanting to be able to play them from my pc and not have to burn tons of cds if I do not have to...

Playing from dvd-rom in pc:
    The digital options are enabled for the dvd-rom and I can play dvd movies fine with DTS and Dolby 5.1 to my receiver(I am thinking this is 48KHz). When playing the dts-cds, I get pink noise. The cds are fine as they work in my entertainment system dvd player

I have the C-Media 3D Audio Configuration sw that came with the card set to SPDIF Output PCM 2 Channel 44.1KHz with no DSP or mixer effects and still have the issue.

Playing dts-wavs that are not on cd and have been extracted:
    I get the same pink noise - I have the C-Media 3D Audio Configuration sw set to the same PCM 2 Channel 44.1KHz with no DSP or mixer effects setup.
    I have tried apps such as: Foobar2k, VLC player, WinDVD Platinum (spdif out), Zoom Player, WinAmp, WMP.

I made sure that both Foobar and VLC had no dithering effects, filters, or DSP on. Also both were set to a fixed 44.1KHz point. Still a nogo - pink noise. I was however able to get both of these apps to play the wavs with dts filters, but that is not truly DTS as my external receiver is not showing the decoding light on and so it is not receiving a true DTS format, plus it does not even sound close to the way it should (this decoding light does show when I play the DTS-CDs directly in the AV Receiver).

I was thinking that maybe the issue is that the info is not going through pass-through like it should and that would cause this - I do not see a pass-through option in the software anywhere (I have the latest software version that I know of). I even tried ASIO4ALL and it saw my card fine but did not help.

This card is supposed to be able to pass-through 44.1kHz/48kHz/96kHz samplerate and 16/24bits resolution - link for card specs:
    http://www.ihda.co.kr./skin/ihda/goods/productView.php?goo_code=010000027136

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    mrnoshot

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

It sounds like there are a few missing settings, I've not had any experience with the problem you are having. Have you updated the driver for the sound card? I know you say you have the latest software but I'm not sure if you mean drivers.

3. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

yea try reloading the drivers or possibly reinstalling the hardware again, post again if that doesnt work

4. mrnoshot

mrnoshot Geek Trainee

Yeah, already looked into that - latest drivers that the site offers so far - hopefully there will be a pass-through option added soon or ASIO support.

Here is a screen shot of what I see for the settings in the sw:
    http://tinypic.com/4ujmuv

Thanks for replying!