Help Buying New Laptop

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by ProcalX, Aug 22, 2006.

1. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Hi all, I've been looking around and doing alot of research but im just not sure what to get, my budget is about £600-£800.

Im not bothered about screen size, I either want 15.4" or 14" or smaller. It's got to be mobile, 3 Hours or more.

Hard drive has to be 60GB or bigger, DVDRW, but most importantly a powerful CPU.

And if it can, something thats quiet and runs cool.

Any ideas? Recommendations?

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Hey man, I've been looking at laptops recently too, the one that caught my eye was:

BigPockets.co.uk

That one, Core Duo, 1GB RAM and 100GB SATA HDD for £650 isn't bad I'd say!
    They've sold out at the minute but perhaps try and find that model elsewhere.

3. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Yeh thanks for that, thats an awesome laptop for the price, and with a Nvidia 7300! not bad!

That would be PEeeerfect! However, everywhere is sold out atm..

Im off on holiday for a week so when i come back ill have alook around, post any more you find here whilst im away if u want Matt, would be helpful!

Chrz buddy

4. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

If I find anymore I'll let you know man, perhaps eBay have that model for sale somewhere?

I'll take a look and edit this post if I find it :good:

*EDIT*

Found it man, here you go.

It's got a long and detailed list of specs too, always nice to know exactly what's going on inside that thing.

5. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Thought I'd post a little update for you man:

I've just ordered my laptop for Uni - it's this one.

It's a higher model of the 5672 Series I originally posted - it's at the top end of you budget but the lower models are available on Comet I think.