How do I get my website onto google?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Programming' started by Spookspy, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Spookspy

Spookspy Geek Trainee

I have a website that I would like to add to google Whenever i type in my website it does not find it on google. I registered the site with google and they stated that it would take upto 8 weeks before google would find my site however that well before christmas.

Please can someone advise me what i can do to resolve this?

Kind Regards
    Spookspy

2. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

Welcome to hardwareforums Spookspy :beer:

Just because you submitted your site does not mean that it will go straight to the no1 position, or even the first page!

what is the address of your website? i will find your website in Google :D (to prove that its there).

3. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Check out this page on 'Search Engine Optimisation' - it should help you :)

4. Rusty S

Rusty S Geek Trainee

It can take a while for google or any other search engine to find a new website, depending on the number of links to it and meta tags and what not. You could optimize the site, as some one erlier said, and / or just wait it out. Try Dogpile Web Search Home Page , and see if any other engines have found your site.

5. rebekka

rebekka Geek

Spookspy
    I asked the same question on HF last year. Eventually my website came up on Google/Lycos/Dogpile/Yahoo - almost to the top and I was delighted.

I was told that the more you log in to the website the activity seems to attract the 'spiders' which did seem to be true.

Best of luck - hope it's on Google soon.