How do I make signature images?

Discussion in 'HWF Info & Issues' started by kid halo, Nov 17, 2003.

1. kid halo

kid halo Geek Trainee

I've always wanted to make signature images but have never been so inclined. So...How do I make 'em? I think I'll need step by step help. Oh, and I was thinking about creating a really cool image by myself like mods and other people do, and was wondering if you could refer me to a program where I could do this? Also, I would make my own Avatar under my name once I get the 1500 points:)

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

hey, the best program to use would be Adobe Photoshop but its very hard tp get used to. Once I get back from work I will post some links for you to look at.

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Paint included with Windows is pretty crude, but it can do the job. You can get a lite version of Photoshop for free....I think. If nothing else, it's fun to play with. You'll also need somewhere to host the images. I use geocities, but if you host an image, you'll need to change it to a .txt file to work and the trick only works with .jpg/.jpeg and .gif images.

Just don't have some honker image. At this point we're not really picky, but 50kB is about the max size I go by. It's more about courtesy for people. I don't care that much as long as it's not some 5MB image being posted (keeping it as a JPEG file helps big time).