How do you get an MP3/AVI/MPEG on a website?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Programming' started by Waffle, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

(software? web design? which forum :confused: ?)

How do you get an MP3/AVI/MPEG whatever on to a website.

I know that you have to upload it first to the site directory, and then embed it in the page. My question is, how? I want, ideally to have an mp3 available for download (doing a site for my friends band), and a video of them playing on the same page.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

which software do you plan on using? having a mp3 for download would be simple, as you would just need to link to it!

For the video do you want people to download it or play on the webpage, in a small screen? this would only be good for broadband users! as any 56k users would be stuck on the page waiting for the video to load!

Note: I guess there isnt a forum for html help yet!

3. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

i plan on using Front page, or if i can "obtain" a copy of dreamweaver, then that.

yeah, ideally an option to either stream it, or download a low res version of it for dial up users.

thanks.

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

the best way would be just to llink to them, as clicking on them would either download the file or stream it for the user, depending on his/her computer settings!

if you require more help! try http://www.sitepointforums.com thats where I started out!

5. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

good idea.

thanks!