HP 7280 Photosmart Ink Leakage

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by KostasV28, Dec 25, 2013.

1. KostasV28

KostasV28 Geek Trainee

My HP Photosmart C7280 all-in-one printer leaks ink (all colors but more black and blue) when it powers on, while printhead cleaning. Also after replacing magenta inc catrige with a refiled one, it stoped printing any color and I found overflowed ink (more black) on the paper. When I receeded to head cleaning more overfowed ink apeard on the paper, stlill not any print apeared on the paper, and blue ink cartrige became empty although it was new. I disassempled the printer, I cleand the print head by hot water many times but nothing chenged. The printer is full of overflowed ink in the place where the head parks and also there are some big stamps of ink
    along the route fo the head. While I cleaned the disassembled head, I remarked leakage of ink at 12 small holes at the perimeter of the transparent membrane where the wavy microtubes of ink lead up.
    Pls anybody help!

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Sounds like those cartridges are no good..Buy a new Black cartridge to test to see if it is the printer or the cartridge.. How Old is the Printer ?

3. KostasV28

KostasV28 Geek Trainee

I have already replaced all print cartiridges by original ones - except yelow that is original but expired.- and it continous the same.
    The printer is about 5 years old and has print up to 2000 pages

4. KostasV28

KostasV28 Geek Trainee

some pictures of the print head

Attached Files:

5. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Looks like you are going to need another printer, I would recommend the type of printer that only has 2 cartridges... For some reason the one you have has allot of problems, I have 3 of them here that always acts up or leaks ink.. I have an Epson that does the same thing and it is about 4 years old..

6. KostasV28

KostasV28 Geek Trainee

I was just thinking that an inkhead replacement mabe solved the problem
    But rather you are right and I have to look for an other printer.
    Anyway, thanks for your reply.