HP PSC 1215 will not install

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by hawkeye60, May 21, 2005.

1. hawkeye60

hawkeye60 Geek Trainee

I am trying to install this 'all in one' on my system. Pentium 2 233 128Mb RAM running Win 98 SE. Although everything seems to install there is no printer icon or scanner icon. Been round in circles on HP site. Have installed uninstalled at least 20 times! Have installed USB2 card just in case.

Have installed the HP on Win XP PC and it works fine.

I have installed Canon Pixma (USB) on my PC so this seems to point to HP software problem & Win 98. Tried contacting HP but they seemed to just re-phrase the info from their support site.

Any thoughts please? :(

2. Marcus_X

Marcus_X Expert N00b

Did you install it exacly as the software tells you?

Because I had a similar problem when installing my HP hardware. You have to disconnect all the cables before installation and during the installation you are told to connect all the cables and then turn the device on to continue the installation process.
    The first time I installed the device I was like; "Yeah Right" so I didn't do so, I inserted all the cables from start. I didn't believe the importance to follow these instructions to the point.

Are you installing the correct drivers, maybe there are Win98 drivers located on the inclosed installation cd. Is the device even compatible with Win98?

Good luck, hope it helped

3. hawkeye60

hawkeye60 Geek Trainee

:D Thanks

Problem now resolved - HP brought out new drivers