I Forgot My Itunes Backup Password, How Can I Remove It?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by peicollen, Jun 25, 2016.

1. peicollen

peicollen Geek Trainee

Last night, I encrypted my iTunes backup as there are many important files in it, but today, I can't remember the complete password and I tried many times but still incorrect, is there any way that I can remove or reset or unlock my iTunes backup?

2. frankaus

frankaus Geek Trainee

The default iTunes password is 123456, do you try it? or something like admin, birthday?

3. peicollen

peicollen Geek Trainee

I tried all possible password but none of works, is there any other way that can remove or reset my backup password?

4. TimGray

TimGray Geek Trainee

5. frankaus

frankaus Geek Trainee

In this case, there is no other choices but to brute force the password with the help of third party tools like iSeePassword. There is a free tutorial on the site you can follow to reset iTunes password: http://www.iseepassword.com/forgot-itunes-backup-password.html

It works great for simple passwords.

6. peicollen

peicollen Geek Trainee

but how long it will take if I try "brute force" to reset my backup password?

7. Hennrious

Hennrious Geek Trainee

Why not try UUkyes iTunes backup unlocker tool to unlock your iTunes backup? Many users choose it to remove the password for backup files, the trail version works for 6 password length.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016