I'm after a new case

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by D a n n y, Dec 30, 2006.

1. D a n n y

D a n n y Geek Trainee

Hello there this is my first post on this forum.

Right i'm after a new case. Some things i would like it too have a side window so you can see my neons. But im not sure on what sort of style of case to go for.. I have found some cases online at

Eclipse Computers

Ive got about £50 to spend on a case. Can you have a look through them and tell me which one is good/bad.. Also if you no of anywhere online that sell's good cases can you post links to the case? Thanks TheHaller

2. zeus

zeus out of date

One thing with eclipse computers is that its cheap! Ive tripped up on this place a couple of times in the past few days.

Are you looking for an ATX case, mATX... ITX, BTX, SFF etc?

To be honest its hard to say which are good and which are bad. Cheap ones tend to be made of thin sheet but because they are all built to the same ATX standard they are generally all the same.

The only thing I can think of to look out for are lack of places to mount fans.

After that its preference. Obviously the looks are one but things like USB and Firewire plugs on the front. Do you need a a game port etc etc.

I personally have a Cheiftec dragon and have been very happy with it. Its got great airflow and plenty of room inside. If I ever have to buy a new case I will probably buy another Cheiftec Dragon I like it that much! They are cheap now too about £30 I think.
    Welcome to Chieftec - Entry Level Case Family
    The only other case other than generic stuff ive had was a Thermaltake Xaser III. The Chieftec was nicer to put together partly because I didnt like the screwless design of the Thermaltake.
    Chassis Series- Xaser III VM3000 Series Mid Tower- Skull