Internet Explorer Vs Firefox

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Madee, Jul 17, 2007.

?

Internet Explorer or Firefox?

1. Firefox

20 vote(s)
    95.2%
  2. Internet Explorer

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. John k

John k Geek Trainee

Wrong assumption.........I think firefox is great but not fully compatable with Vista just yet. Give it a few months (just like vista)and i will be using it again.

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

well personally XP annoyed me so much (specifically the Product Activation) my XP box needed reactivating regularly) now i use *nix & it never needs activating or registering & it rock solid stable and you don't have to reinstall to use the latest release of the OS (to upgrade Kubuntu Dapper 6.06 to Kubuntu Feisty 7.04)

BTW i also use Swiftweasel which is essentially FF

3. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

Well back in the days when I used Vista (about a month ago), Firefox never crashed or let me down. But IE7 was crashing all the time, and later on it left my Vista install full of malware :(

4. John k

John k Geek Trainee

I think you misunderstand me,I am merely saying FF caused me problems when i used it with vista,so i reverted back to Ie. Im not posting this to promote Ie or vista it is just my experience with FF and vista along with many other vista/FF users. I hope to use FF on vista but not yet.
    As for malware you must be one of the very few unlucky ones,(what links have you been clicking on.)The security risks of using Vista with Ie or any other browser are much lower than Xp.

5. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

You're right with that of course. The experience can be different for everyone.

6. AsGStorm

AsGStorm Geek Trainee

Firefox all the way. The newest feature for Internet Explorer was tabs which allows you to keep all your sites in one window. Yet when you click on a link its always opening new windows. As for speed i think they're the same, Firefox looks nicer though and its got more "tools".