Internet Speeds

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by StimpE, Oct 6, 2006.

1. thoonie

thoonie hmmm....

[​IMG]

Hahaha, i just tested the speed of my colocated dedicated server. I hope i have the same connection at home :D, i bet it'll cost a fortune :stars:

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I'll probably end up getting DSL when I move out next year (and this time, without hang ups!---I hope). FiOS hasn't really been targeted at apartments, so that's not an option, however, as prolific and inexpensive as DSL is, it's downright silly for me not to get that, as I do use the internet a lot (some may argue too much). I am able to download at CD sized ISO is about 20 minute or so, which has been a blessing. However, I think the downloads were a little faster when we had cable.

3. StimpE

StimpE lol, Internet!

I must be special.

4. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Nope, mine is like that too. If that speedtest.net results are correct, anyway -- and I'm not sure they are. As u can see in my earlier post I got about 7.5mbps download but my connection is rated only up to 7mbps according to cox.com.

But I'm not sure I trust this speedtest.net because I never get such high rating when I use pcpitstop.com. U can see in my post too the great difference in results I got. PCPitstop said I only got about 6mpbs. That does seem to be more likely, as connection speed is usually slower than the advertised "up to" speed. With rare/occasional exceptions, i guess.

5. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

:crying:, Y not me.....:crying:

6. thoonie

thoonie hmmm....

I think its quite accurate, I have a bulldog connection and they have their own speedtest site, the result from Bulldog and Speedtest.net are quite close.

7. techturtle

techturtle Geek Trainee

Nice idea, here's mine.

[​IMG]

8. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I know it's been a few months but I'm sitting in my computer lab on an iMac, here's the speed result for the network I'm on:

[​IMG]

Keep in mind each time I did the test it got faster :D

9. StimpE

StimpE lol, Internet!

Trade you connections?

10. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Whoa....wat a speed! I might download everything from the net with in couple of days with this connection...:eek:hah:

11. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

OH MY GOD WE'VE JUST HAD AN INTERNET UPGRADE IN OUR HALLS - IN MY ROOM I JUST GOT 75152Kbps - this is freakin' insane!!!!

[​IMG]

I've got a connection now running through the uni's network, meaning I get insane speeds - god I love this!!!!!!

12. OJ beater

OJ beater Geek Trainee

[​IMG]

dial-up TDS is my telco and their fags lol for 8 months each month said i would get dsl , i called and they said they installed eqipement in my area and they were doing test , but its been a week and no call so i am going to call clearwire again , at least ill get 1.5 wish i could get cable

13. donkey42

donkey42 plank

you'll need a pretty big HDD

14. blade

blade GEEK 2.0

You guys have crazy speeds! Mine's Crap! My ISP advertises at max. speeds up tp 5Mbps, but I'm not even close to that; anyone know how I can improve my speed?

[​IMG]