Introduction.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Scrobo, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Scrobo

Scrobo Geek Trainee

Hi. My name is Adam. I'm from Ontario, Canada. I found this forum by Googling GAMER FORUMS to look for answers to some questions I am having. I couldn't find an INTRODUCE YOURSELF thread so I figured I would post here.

I've been a console gamer mostly. I did a lot of 80s and 90s gaming on my VIC-20, my C64, my Amiga 500, my 486... But after that mostly console stuff. I used to love writing games for C64. Ahh the memories.

Anyways... I decided to upgrade my system around Xmas time and bought what I would have considered to be a decent gaming system. As follows:

A Gigabyte 890GPA motherboard with an AMD X4 Phenom II 955 Black Edition @3.2Ghz, 4GB DDR3, a Hitachi 2TB SATA3 HD and a Powercolor Radeon 5770 which spouted a lot of information about Vortex Cooling which is apparently another word for LOUD FAN ON AN OVERSIZED VIDEO CARD. I run Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit.

I play Hot Pursuit and Burnout Paradise. I also play old games like Simfarm and Empire Earth. I don't get much time to game. But when I do I have found a way to love PC gaming again. [​IMG] (Although I still on occasion pick up my Wiimote.)

Anyways... Had some probs with my rig with framerates and thought I could get some answers on this forum. So that's why I am here.

Cya

2. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

Welcome to the forum!!!
    I never had the pleasure of fooling around with 1980's game consoles (born 1988). However, i did have some fun with Sega Genesis and N64 ;).
    I''ll hope over to your post and try and help you out