IPCop 1.4 Released!

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by Anti-Trend, Oct 5, 2004.

1. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

Have you had any trouble using BOT after you applied this update? As you know my IPCop machine is mission critical so I want to be sure this update won't cause any breakage.

Thanks

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

The portion of IPCop to which mods snap-in was standardized in 1.4.8. BOT works perfectly on my IPCop, in which all of my DMZ rules are written.

3. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Ahrm...I think my question is missd out......Is there any program which can help me running IPcop on WinXP jst for practice??????

4. donkey42

donkey42 plank

either VMware for Win or MS Virtual Server[ot]i think[/ot]

5. Karanislove

but they works on XP Pro nd I've got Home edition with me....

6. donkey42

donkey42 plank

sorry, i just assumed they work on pro & home[ot]can you run VMware player on home, then just use preconfigured VM's, where does it say they only run on pro, had a quick look at VMware.com, & i can't find it[/ot]

7. Karanislove

OOps! their website says it supports WinXP SP2, which means both but when i tried to install sometimes ago, it said that VMware will not work properly on XP Home, du u still want to continue anyways....??
    Now I will try it again......! Thanks Dave:beer:

8. donkey42

donkey42 plank

let me know how you get on, VMware is great :beer:

9. Karanislove

It might take some time as Shifting n all is going on at the moment at my place....but I will let u know the outcomes definately..:beer:

10. megamaced

IPCop 1.4.14 released!

11. Anti-Trend

No reboot required. Also, if you use the BOT mod, there's an update for that as well.

12. megamaced

But from what I understand, BOT has to be uninstalled before you can install the new version? I really don't want to lose my settings in the process! :)

13. Anti-Trend

Just do it from the shell. The scripted installation routine will store your settings before uninstalling the old one, then restore them when the new version is in. Just untar to /tmp, then run the setup shell script. Couldn't be easier. :)

P.S. - You'll need to re-enable the BOT mod once you've reinstalled it, but no reboot is required.

P.P.S - BOT will be built-in to IPCop as of the next major release. :D No more need for the mod.