Just a few movies Ive seen lately...

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Anime and Manga' started by extreme4377, Sep 19, 2004.

1. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

The Bourne Supremacy: I didnt see the first one but I can tell you that the second one was pretty good. There were a few aspects of it that I didnt enjoy though. The action scenes, the fights scenes especially, were very blurry. The cameras were going 100 mph trying to keep up with the action which was a stupid idea by me. One of the fight scenes, I wont add details and spoil the movie for you, was very poorly set up. The two characters were wearing identical clothing and the camera was again, moving 100 mph which made it nearly impossible to tell the two apart. I had to wait until the end of the fight to see who was who and who won and who died. But overall, it was a pretty good movie.

Cellular: This movie just plain old sucked. Lame, cheesy lines, predictable, and problems with continuity(i.e. The get away van was white in one scene and black in the next. The main characters shirt changes throughout the movie yet the movie only happens over the course of one day.) Lots of holes in the story. It had a chance to be a great movie. It was a great story but with lines like "Dont let them get away" acted out by a horrible actress, the movie just kept going down hill. Not a very good movie.

Napolean Dynamite: This movie was supposed to be one of the best. So after months of hearing about it, my gf and I went and saw it and laughed at the people laughing. Yeah, there were some funny parts, but overall the movie just sucked. There wasnt much of a story to it and it was hard to explain the story, or lack of, to my parents when they asked about it. Overall? Not very good and did NOT live up to its hype.

So, all in all, I think the best part of each of these movies is that I got to be with my girl friend for each and every one of em. What do you guys think about em?

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I watched the Bourne Supremacy; I would have to agree the camera movement was quite fast, it’s not my kind of film! cuz I fell a sleep in the first one! hehe I got bored!

I've only recently heard of Cellular and Napolean Dynamite, so couldn’t comment! Have you seen Phone? It’s Japanese I think. They have some very good films!

3. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

I havent seen phone. I have seen Ringu which is what The Ring was made from. I do have to say, The Ring is much, much better and creepier.

Another movie that I had forgotten to mention is Anacondas. That movie was horrible too. Jaws is more realistic than it and a much better movie overall. But, I saw this one with my gf too so there was one positive aspect of going to see it

4. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

I did not see The Bourne Supremancy but I did see The Bourne Identity and I thought it sucked.

I've also seen Ringu but I thought it was much better than The Ring.

- The terror created was psychological instead of concrete like in The Ring, which I prefer

- The boy in Ringu was like a normal little boy while the boy in The Ring was much too mature, even for someone whose mother doesn't take care of him like she should. He also has a mean look, which is pointless considering what his role is.

- The girl in The Ring find answers to her questions much too easily, like she always knows exactly where to look. She also, mysteriously, from a college teacher's appartment, has access to professionnal video editing equipment, while in Ringu, the teacher's poor and they have to cope with it: more obstacles for the hero.

I guess I don't like the American feel that was added to The Ring. Not because it's American, but because it doesn't fit with the story as much as what is done in Ringu.

Having said that, I still think The Ring is an excellent film, on its own. The thing is there's something better in Ringu.

5. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Recently saw Kill Bill 1 & 2. Very entertaining, over the top, ultra violent massacre.

Also saw Wrong Turn, but that was, well, rubbish. Highlight was a chick getting ripped a new one with a barbed wire brace...gnarly.

6. Sniper

I liked the first one much better! the second was quite good though!

7. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

yeah the first was better. although i don't think you can bleed quite as much as that woman did when she lost her arm...

and the achillies heel bit...mmm..nasty.

8. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Yeah, the arm looked like a shower head. I mean cmon! If someone bled that much... I don't really know what would happen but they would look like prune aftewords!

9. Sniper

would have to agree! it was way over the top! but thats what the film was all about!

10. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

what movie are you guys talking about...a lady loses her arm and it looks like shes losing a gallon of blood per second?

11. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Kill Bll Vol. 1

12. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

lol, and she was still alive at the end of the movie, got kicked down a hill, and got mutilated i think. And still made it to the second...

13. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

KB v1 was pretty good. Haven't seen the 2nd one, but it's on my wishlist.

14. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

It's not bad...less fighting than the 1st. More plot, and certainly a lot more darker. Still another Tarantino Masterpiece though.

15. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Well, The Bourne Identity, i thought was a reasonably good film, The Bourne Supremecy i thought was a good film, but the camera just pissed me off, did know one honestly sit there and say when reviewing it.. "ummm you should sue your fucking camera man he sucks ass"... ? obviously not..

Kill bill 1 was fantastic, thought it was bloody brilliant..
    Kill bill 2 was fucking shit, didn't live upto the expectations laid down by the first.

I am tonight currently off to watch Resident Evil: Apocolypse :D

CANT WAIT! HEHE, whatever the main gals name is, she is fucking god damn fine! + Good Movie :p

16. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Hope Apocalypse is better than the first one. They cut the best bit out - with the laser's slicing up the team, I was expecting a blood bath. All i saw was the dude's eye slide off of his face. Booring...

17. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, if the laser would cut skin, it's likely hot enough to cauterize the wound, that means easier clean up for Umbrella Corp.'s janitors. :p

18. Sniper

I've seen parts of Apocalypse while at work today, there was allot of camera movement going on, so could hardly tell what was going on!

19. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

Just to add to the list...

The Forgotten: This movie was an "ok" attempt at a scary movie. It turned out to be a sci-fi which surprised me and I think everyone else in the theater. It was yet another very predictable movie, but then again, I think a lot of movies are predictable. Most of my friends, including my gf, walked out of the theater confused about what had happened so I ended up explaining it to them. Overall, it was a good movie. At least it wasnt horrible.

Friday Night Lights: Is it over yet? This movie was lame. Very boring, only entertaining at times(thanks to my gf ;)). We all ended up leaving the movie a half hour before it was over because we were so bored. I love football but this was just like sitting in math class....Anyways. Overall, not good at all, and again, very predictable.

20. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

No offense mate, i saw it last night, and well to be frank you need to have an eye test :)

it was fucking amazing, equal, if not better to the first film. :D

FUCKING OMG BRILLIANT FILM!

funny thing was, when it ended, it has a pause.. kinda makes u think theres something else.. and ur begging PLZ PLZ let there be more dont end it.. then the credits hit, (my cinema was packed) and it was an awkward moment where everyone in the cinema was completely silent! and theres me, so annoyed at the great ending.. left with so many ifs, perhaps and maybes i said rather too loudly (in an angry voice) "CUNT" and like everyone in the cinema looked at me, and my mates fucking pissed them selves lol.

BRILLIANT MOVIE, there better be a 3rd.