Kaspersky is Ready for Vista

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by pelvis_3, Dec 29, 2006.

1. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

In its first introduction to Microsoft's new operating system, Kaspersky Lab has announced support for Windows Vista in its Anti-Virus 6.0 and Internet Security 6.0 personal software products.

Kaspersky today introduced the beta version of Maintenance Pack 2 for the two software titles, which were first made available for older OS platforms in May. The add-on enables full support for Vista, which Microsoft released for business customers last month and will be available for consumers on January 30.

Kaspersky does not have an official date for the release of the new maintenance pack, but the beta version is available for all users as a free download over Here.

I am not a big fan of Kaspersky anti-virus. But hey, anything to improve Windows right?

2. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

bull crap, "its more secure," then why do you need a virus program, ggrrr

3. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Microsoft are being real stubborn on this one by not allowing software engineers access the OS's deepest kernel functions, effectively allowing the software to do it's intended function. Not the best way to kick off with their "cough" best OS yet "cough".

4. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

malware will eventually reach those hidden depths, of course M$ will change and obscure it again... but that won't be allot of help for the users who have already been 'owned'.

Think about it, if secuirity software cant get into the kernel... then the kernel has control over the secuirity software, the problem is who / what has control of the kernel :p

Also, i bet America's DMCA will have something to say about any attempts to get into the kernel (bypassing a protection mechanism? i believe Vista's meant to be big on DRM).