keyboard/mouse unresponsive

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Jecht, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Jecht

Jecht Big Geek

While i was ripping a movie the other day, i had put in my usb flash drive, then my computer rebooted : ( i have no idea why...anyways. So the computer boots back up, and now the keyboard and mouse functions do not work, i can no longer log into windows. i thought maybe it was a random thing, so i reboot again and it does the same thing, no response from my input devices. so i check to make sure these devices are still working by hooking them up to my other pc, sure enough, they still work. so then i test to see if i can even get into the bios. Well, thankfully i can, so it must be something while booting to windows after the post, cause the computer sees the hardware and lets me use it during setup, but not on the windows login screen. i even tried different ports, and different keyboard and mice ( ps2 and usb ) and they all will not work on this now dysfunctional pc. can somebody help me as to why this is happening? this is rather strange, i changed no setting. why working only in bios??! thx

2. jogoz

jogoz Geek Trainee

Re install The OS is usually the fastest solution in this case...

3. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Does it works in Safe Mode.......To go in safe mode you have to press f8 when your computer starts.