Laptop AC help!

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by hardcor, Aug 21, 2005.

1. hardcor

hardcor Geek Trainee

Ok this is hard to explain so please bear with me! :confused:

i dropped my laptop with the cord in it, the place were the cord goes into the laptop has fallen off the MB! (motherboard) i was wondering if i could possibly soder it back on? (the piece is fully intact just not on the mb and on my desk)

Another problem i have is that even if i can soder it back on I cant take the laptop apart enough to even get to were that piece is, and i have never delt with a hardware problem like this before! (not exactly like an atx PS ya know?)

I have a winbook XL2. If anyone has this laptop or is familiar with laptops please post. I would just take it to a shop but i am seriously strapped and i think they would charge way to much.
    Thanks in Advance!

2. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

I think the best solution is to take it to a shop, if you risk soldering it yourself you might stuff something up and it could end up taking your laptop to the afterlife!

hardcor likes this.
  3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yes, you probably could, but if you fail or screw up, any warranty you have is instantly voided. I don't know what warranty you have on that laptop, but I strongly advise looking at it to see what's covered. You may have to pay a fee for repair, but, it'd be done by people that know what they are doing. I'd see what the estimate is. You may even want to get in touch with the company that made the laptop and see what they can do for you.

hardcor likes this.
  4. hardcor

hardcor Geek Trainee

thanks guys. No i have no warranty. the laptops OS is win 98 it is very old!
    I guess i will have to take it to a shop when i get some cash (was afraid of that!) heck i may just take a look on e bay because i think there gonna charge me an arm and a leg!