Laptop coffee splash

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by Dwarfer, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Guest

:hi: im not sure if this is the right post but i sorta broke me laptop when i spilt coffee (cough cough) in the kboard :crying:

anyway now it wont switch on with the hard drive connected, it starts fine without the hdd but as soon as i connect it the laptop wont even switch on, there is a bit of rust (/me sobs) around the hdd, but terminals seem fine.

any ideas why it wont turn on, stupid question really but maybe if any aliens or somet out there with special powers that might be able to help me id much apreachate it. thanks

2. Addis

Addis The King

I'd actually be grateful that only the HD is damaged (unless you had really critical files on there). Hopefully the coffee cough cough hasn't spilled onto the motherboard components.

If the HD is dead, then you'll have to buy another 2.5" laptop HD. They're quite easy to replace.

3. Dwarfer

Dwarfer Guest

hi addis can it be any old laptop hard drive i can buy?

4. Addis

Addis The King

Yes most laptop HDs should be fine. As long as its a 2.5" ATA one then it should be fine.

5. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

Just make sure that if it's as old as mine, (6 years), that there isn't a limit as to the size of the hard drive you can put in, like mine will accept upto 30gb, no bigger. You should be able to find out on the manufacturers website, maybe under support.

EDIT: Whoops I've just seen your other thread that got locked, so I've answered your question for you!