Laptop help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by zxivate, Dec 22, 2007.

1. zxivate

zxivate Geek Trainee

Ok, my friend has just called me asking a question. His laptop just shut off by itself and won't power back on. He said that nothing happens at all. He tried the charger and he said that the charging light doesn't even come on. Could the battery be dead possibly?

P.S. it is a Gateway with Vista

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Well, try removing the battery and just use the AC power to see if it will go on.

3. Wildcard

Wildcard Big Geek

Hi,

Try taking the battery out. While it is out, hold down the power button for about 30 seconds. Then put the battery back in and plug it back in and give it a try :)

4. lilies34

lilies34 Geek Trainee

had the same problem once. i just sent my toshiba to the service center and they said the charger was broken. had to buy a new one though. that hurt a lot on my wallet.:(

5. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

[ot] When my sisters laptop charger broke i phoned up HP support and it was under warranty so they sent out another one free of charge & never even asked for the old one back - Put the idea in my mind that if you ever wanted a free charger you could just phone up within warranty period and claim yours is broken for a freebie :D [/ot]