Laptops: Pentium M vs Pentium 4 and AutoCAD

Discussion in 'Power Supplies and UPS's' started by badboi, Aug 18, 2004.

1. badboi

badboi Geek Trainee

Laptops: Pentium M vs Pentium 4

for a laptop which is better? I will be purchasing a new laptop very shortly and and reseaching the pros and cons. The pentium 4's have significantly faster processor speeds very the same price as the Pentium M's however i hear that the Pent M's will prevent overheating...is this true?
    I will be using this laptop for acad 2004 drafting/modeling/rendering. Which laptops are do you reccoomend. the current laptop i was thinking of buying is a Toshiba M30 Centrino with Pentium M 1.5 ghz, 1024 Mb Ram, GeForceGO 5200 64MB Video.

thanks for any help

2. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Don't be fooled by the clock speed. The Pentium M is a very fast processor, and uses much less juice which is easier on the battery.

I don't know much about laptops but I hear IBM makes very good ones, at a price.

3. badboi

badboi Geek Trainee

Laptops for Autocad?

I need to buy a laptop for school which is able to model/render in 3-d. I was advised to buy the Toshiba M30 with a Pentium M 1.5 Ghz processor but when i went to the computer store this laptop was Hot after being on for an uncertain amount of time compared to other laptops with p 4 processors. Anyone have problems with the Toshiba M30 Pentium M 1.5 Ghz, with 1024 Mb Ram, Nividea GeForceGO 5200 64MB Video? It is appreciated for any advice you can give me on suggestted models. My price range is about 1700 dollars
    thanks

4. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Toshiba is a great brand, and if you need a laptop, that config will push Autocad no problem. You're *way* overspec for that program, so don't sweat it too bad.