Linksys BEFCMU10 EtherFast Cable Modem

Discussion in 'User Reviews' started by stinkfing3r, May 3, 2005.

1. stinkfing3r

stinkfing3r Big Geek

Linksys BEFCMU10 EtherFast Cable Modem

[​IMG]

Price: $69.99 @ Amazon.com

Fully compatible with Linksys routers to connect multiple computers to broadband internet
    USB or Ethernet connection
    Up to 42 Mbps download speeds, 10 Mbps upload
    "Always On" connection; no more busy signals or timeouts
    Vertical footprint makes positioning easy

Review

I bought this cable modem from fryes electronics after i had rented a cable modem from my cable provider for several months.

I was very reluctant to buy this one but it was the only one they had at the time. I had read on numerous sites about how terrible this modem was. But i also found out that they came out with three series of this modem and the only way you can tell which series you have is by the serial #'s provided with it. But i bought it anyway. and i love it!

I got the third and final version. Plugged it up, called my internet provider and they had it going within minutes. It is way faster than the one i rented from them. It doesnt have any buttons which i love, it only has a few lights on the front which tell you what is going on.

Ive downloaded 500-600kbps before (with diff downloads open and adding the speeds) and ive uploaded 100kbps. I give this product 5 of 5 stars.

here are results of bandwith test @ http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

3.7 megabits per second
    Communications 3.7 megabits per second
    Storage 453.9 kilobytes per second
    1MB file download 2.3 seconds
    Subjective rating Awesome

here are result of bandwith test @ Cnet.com

9006.6 Kbps - You 9006.6 kbps